HELLO! MY NAME IS GAYLE COATES. I AM A PORTRAIT PHOTOGRAPHER.
I enjoy shooting client portraits that reflect individualism, physical beauty, and most importantly, inner shine!
I GET MY INSPIRATION FROM FASHION PHOTOGRAPHY IN MAGAZINES.
Photographers Annie Leibovitz and Sue Bryce inspire my studio photography style.
15+ Things About Me:
- I started photographing at the age of 10 when my Dad handed me his Nikon camera. Thus it is an integral part of who I am and is the tool I use to create portraits that reflect the human spirit.
- I cherish being a mom it's been my favorite "job" in the world.
- I love hanging out with my sweet husband, kids, and friends.
- I have lived in the Bahamas, California, Japan and now Texas.
- I settled in the amazing city of Austin in 1994.
- I am certified in Plant-Based Nutrition from the T. Colin Campbell Center for Nutrition Studies.
- I launched my plant-based living info website in 2017: Healthy for Austin
- I earned my Elementary Teaching Certification at the University of Texas, Austin.
- I like watching documentaries and reading historical fiction.
- I enjoy listening to podcasters: Rich Roll, Tim Ferriss and Kevin Rose.
- I meditate for 20 minutes on most days to Deepak Chopra's "Ananda" app. After 2 years of practicing meditation I can "feel" or "see" more positive vibes in my thoughts and actions.
- I journal for 5 minutes after meditating answering two questions: "What am I grateful for?" and "What are my intentions for today?".
- I find my body to be much more flexible when I practice yoga regularly.
- I feel stronger and happier when I am committed to a variety of exercise routines.
- I love to help others on their journey to a more joyful life.